Shoe Polish Stains on a Car

I need to get shoe polish off my truck window and tires, the "Just Married" part. Thanks.

By Lorelei from Weatherford, TX

Answers

May 23, 2010 Flag

My daughter wrote on her car windows with shoe polish. She then sprayed it off at the car wash. Now her car has hundreds of white spots all over it. How do I get them off?

Debbie from Paducah, KY

Answers:

Shoe Polish Stains on a Car

Ouch. I've never had this situation to deal with, but I think this is going to take some elbow grease. I would try this. Wipe the surface with a cloth or sponge dipped in warm sudsy water to which a few drops of ammonia have been added. Rinse well with clear water and wipe dry.

Here's another suggestion if that doesn't work, but it is a try at your own risk! When I first bought my truck, it was vandalized. I didn't even have it a week when someone took a black Sharpie pen and wrote profanity all over the tailgate, on white paint. After I prayed for them, I was frantic, so not knowing what else to do, I soaked a cotton ball with some nail polish remover and with a standby bowl of soapy water and a sponge, I dabbed the nail polish remover on the letters and immediately followed it with the soapy sponge. Then I washed the entire area with soap and water and gave it a good rinse. It worked with no apparent damage to the paint finish. Again, this is use at your own risk advise. Good luck. (10/11/2006)

By mef1957

Shoe Polish Stains on a Car

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It works wonders. (10/13/2006)

By Margaret

Shoe Polish Stains on a Car

OK. I tried the warm water with a splash of window cleaner added. But to go a step further, use a sponge that has the non scratch scrub side for Teflon pans. This was an alternative to the razor blade, but you do need a little elbow grease. (06/02/2007)

Shoe Polish Stains on a Car

You can use an isopropyl alcohol solution which is 50% distilled water and 50% isopropyl alcohol. This is completely safe and the pros use it on the cars they work on after polishing and before compounding. (11/30/2008)

By Charles

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoMay 23, 2010
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Shoe Polish
Cleaning Shoe Polish Stains on Clothing
🎉
🎄