Homemade Chicken Vegetable Soup with Variations

I normally make a huge batch of homemade chicken vegetable soup in a large soup pot. This give me enough to freeze and lasts me the entire winter, along with the other 2 soups I make (homemade beef soup and homemade chili).

Use your own favorite recipe for the basic soup using only chicken and vegetables. It can be served as is, or using any one of the following variations. You can use your own imagination to come up with any other variations.

• Add noodles (no need to pre-cook)

• Add cooked rice

• Thicken slightly to stew thickness using flour/milk mixture and add noodles, cooked rice, or dumplings.

• Thicken more using flour/milk mixture and serve over: noodles or cooked rice.

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

I thicken my soups with instant mashed potato flakes.

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChickenMarch 15, 2011
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Chicken soup with lots of vegetables and wild rice.
Chicken Soup Recipes
Campfire Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume