Food FixesFood Tips

Lemon Pie Turned Out Watery

The one and only Lemon Pie my daughter made turned out watery. Tasted fabulous but very watery. Now, why was that and what can she do to prevent it from happening again? Thank you for your help.

Linda from Ely, NV

What dd she use for filling...they have the lemon filling in the cans...that might help.

What was watery, the filling or meringue weeping?

I googled "meringue weeps" and got this for one - there were more. I always try a google search. AMAZING !!

http://www.ochef.com/904.htm

Hi,

I had that happen to a homemade chocolate pie my first try. My Mother in law said to add a little corn starch. (Argo). It worked, it thickens up the filling, just don't add to much. Hope this helps :-)

Sincerely,

Tammy -NC