Using Alcohol to Clean Car Windows

How much alcohol can be used cleaning car windows?

Camille from Holly Hill, FL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I work at a truck & auto accessory place and they tint alot of windows and detail alot of vehicles. They told me to never use any alcohol based products on tinted windows because it will cause the tint to lighten and turn purple. They use a mild mixture of baby shampoo and water for all of their tinted and non tinted windows. If alcohol is necessary, I'd go to an auto supply store and buy a cleaner made just for car windows.

In a pinch, you can pour a can of Coca-Cola on the windshield and it will cut the dirt and grease right away. After you pour the Coke, just rinse with water.

never used it, but are you thinking of mixing it with water? If not, then you could probably just pour it on a cloth & go at it.? It does seem like it would work nicely! I'm going to try it!

I usually use white vinegar--about 1/2 & 1/2 or less with water. It cuts thru buildup & usually doesn't leave any streaks (I always dry with old newspapers which prevent streaks too).

I mix alcohol with store bought glass cleaner. I use about 1 part alcohol and 3 parts water but the mixture is what ever works best for you.

Unfortunately alcohol does leave streaks. I prefer to use Watered down ammonia in a spray bottle.

Answer

Washing a Car Windshield
Cleaning a Car Windshield
Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning OutsideAugust 29, 2007
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 11:11:39 AM on 10.0.2.94 in 650 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.