Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Shampoo Without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

Shampoo

Any recommendations for an inexpensive shampoo without sodium lauryl sulfate? I was watching a TV program and they said this ingredient makes hair frizz.

By

Best Answers

These answers have been rated the best for this question.

By R. Prabu (Guest Post)02/27/2009

I think in India, Himalayan product shampoo is not having SLS.

By elyse (Guest Post)10/11/2008

The Body Shop's honey moisturizing shampoo is free of SLS.

By Peggy (Guest Post)12/23/2007

I just bought Burt's Bees shampoo. Free of SLS. Walgreens $7.99. On line it costs more!

By Karen95 (Guest Post)02/03/2007

I found only one fairly inexpensive shampoo with no sodium lauryl sulfate and that is Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo.

By Clarel Martingale [1]07/23/2009

Hello Sue,
My name is Clarel. There is a good shampoo which doesn't contain SLS and Camomille. It removes dandruff effectively and keeps my hair and scalp in good condition. It is called Aloe-Jojoba shampoo. It contains also pro-vitaminB5.

By koolmom84 (Guest Post)02/07/2009

Neutrogena makes a shampoo called Triple Moisture that has no SLS. It does have sodium trideceth sulfate and sodium lauroamphoacetate and I use it on my coloerd hair without fading problems. I have oily hair as well and even though this is a "moisture" named shampoo I have used it without making my hair more oily.

By Patricia (Guest Post)01/03/2009

Bed Head, Superstar.

By Ellie (Guest Post)12/11/2008

Aubrey has lauryl sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.

By lks (Guest Post)10/17/2008

This brand is not cheap, but you only need a little and it doesn't contain SLS--the brand is Alterna.

By Rachel (Guest Post)10/05/2008

Pureology does not have SLS, but it is quite expensive.

By Prateek (Guest Post)08/11/2008

Hi, do you have any idea about Indian Shampoo brands which are free from SLS? How about Nivea and Dove? Reply soon hotrates AT yahoo.com

By Sue (Guest Post)06/07/2008

I need a shampoo that is SLS and Camomile free. Does any one know of a product that meets my needs.

By metroplex [81]04/29/2008

I have found that by using shampoos without SLS help the color stay in my hair longer.

And I have white, absolutely white hair.

By Dina (Guest Post)04/24/2008

NATURE'S GATE DOES CONTAIN SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE... READ THE INGREDIENTS ON THEIR WEBSITE!

By mallen (Guest Post)04/05/2008

Trader Joe's has 2 excellent lines without SLS. The Refresh line includes body wash, shampoo, and conditioner (as well as lotion). It has a grapefruit scent, but would work for men as well, since it doesn't have a scent after its use.
A 16oz bottle of shampoo, conditioner, or body wash costs $3.
They have another store line, but I haven't tried it...it was more expensive but still reasonable.

By Elizabeth (Guest Post)03/29/2008

Johnson's baby shampoo with lavender has got sodium lauryl sulfate.

By Chelsea (Guest Post)10/07/2007

Nature's Gate Organics shampoo doesn't - I buy mine at Stop & Shop - under $7

By BSB (Guest Post)04/12/2007

check out WEN...bought through QVC...no sodium lauryl sulfate in these prods

By Anne (Guest Post)03/16/2007

Question for Ciara posted 2/1/07: How did you purchase Elave online. When I went to the site it stated that they do not deliver to USA.

By Ciara (Guest Post)02/01/2007

I've tried elave, an Irish brand which is available online. www.elave.co.uk Its also free from parabens, colourings, perfumes etc and great for sensitive skin and scalp. It's only £4.99 and it lasts for ages. Just bear in mind that SLS free shampoos foam less that shampoos with SLS.

RE: Shampoo Without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate