FurnitureHome Improvement

Can I Change an Oval Table to a Round Table?

How to change oval dining room table to a round dining room table?

By Cindy from Memphis, TN

Should be able to do so; google it; tons of do it yourself information about projects like this; you should first I am thinking take the measurements of the table; then you will know that measurement; then work out the circle size that the table will be once you change it from oval to circle; thus you will know if you want to be doing so or not; reason for this is: are you going to be happy with the table size once it has been changed to a round one?

If so: then yes, by all means you can be doing so! It's like a pattern is what you need to have; you can change an oval into a circle; draw an oval on a piece of paper, then make a circle inside of it. You will be losing quite a bit of table space is what I am trying to explain to you; but if that is ok with you, then proceed and by googling it you can get loads of information on how to do so!

You might want to simply consider www.craigslist.org; in your area; and go under barter; set up an account there; and see if anyone is willing to change a round table for your oval one! Or what ever you might have to offer in exchange for getting a round table that you are wanting to be having; might go to Salvation Army, Goodwill, and other thrift shops, yard sales, etc; and easily find the perfect table for you and that you are wanting for the price you want to be paying!

If you are into doing all the work yourself, then do so! I have refurnished much furniture in my lifetime which I enjoyed doing greatly at the time; even reupholstering a rocking chair; which I did prior to having a computer!

So: the choices are many! good luck in your quest whatever decision you choose to go in! I have seen beautiful wood dining sets with chairs 6 of them, for as low as $75.00!

Might post or put ads or notices or let friends and neighbors know what you are looking to find, and they can keep an eye out for the item as well! Do check the ads in craigs list for round tables, and in free ad newspapers, under household items as well! and also the bulletin boards that are available on every single store in one location or another.

You could take the table to a woodworker who will cut the table into a circle. But the diameter of the table will be the smallest dimension of the oval that you have now. Maybe a woodworker could remove the oval top and make a new round top that would be of a diameter that would be satisfactory to you.