StainsCleaning

Removing a Dry Wipe Marker Stain from a Wool Scarf

Category Stains

I have recently got a wool scarf as a gift. It is a gold and beige scarf with glittery bits in it. I left it overnight at a friends house and my friend accidently put a big black line down the middle of it. The problem is that it is a big black line off dry wipe marker. I need to know is there anything that will get this stain out without damaging the colour of my scarf? PLEASE HELP ME! - Kelly B

http://www.thri … f999298_cle.html

There are some good ideas to be found here......Try fingernail polish remover or alcohol. Also try soaking it in wisk over night. Then wash in very hot water.

Editor's Note: Because it is wool, it is ill advised to wash it in anything but cool to lukewarm water or it might shrink.

Because the scarf is wool, it might be best to consult a dry cleaner about it. With the glittery bits and the dry marker, they may have a solvent that will take out the marker without ruining the scarf.

You can always try alcohol. I'd try it first on a Q-tip or cotton swab and see if you notice the color of the marker on the swab. I'd go slow and carefully with this so you don't ruin your new scarf. Also, you might visit the website of the dry marker company to see if they have any hints.

-Susan from Thriftyfun

if a dry marker is the same as permanent magic marker then try vegetable oil...canola oil?

Kids drew on themselves and their furniture and pjs., with permanat magic marker. canola oil got out everything!!!!!