Eliminating Carpet Beetles

How do I get rid of carpet beetles? My entire house is infested, I find the shed skins and larvae everywhere. I sweep daily! Now the shed skins are coming out of the heater vents! What can I do to get rid of these black carpet beetles forever?

Heidi from Clearfield, UT

Answers

What do you know? I now use LOTS (about a CUP )of 20 Mule Team Borax in all my clothes washing! All the tiny gnats, moths, and other insects that come in from the garden are all gone, and the clothes/linens are GREAT. Boric Acid is poison, kills insects, and must be related to Borax somehow, because it has worked for me for two months, now. I plan to sprinkle it all over my carpet paths, leave it a week, then vaccum it up before steam cleaning with an old steamer. Also I plan to toss an old flea collar into the vacuum bad if it's not full now.

How'd I know I had some kind of bug? There were tiny red peppery spots/ stains around the lid of my washer with each wash, prior to using the Borax. After using it, there have been no signs at all.

Good luck. : )