Wedding Favor Ideas

I am looking for ideas for wedding favors, novel ideas, and ofcourse, within the bride's budget. I know your readers have great experience in sharing their novel ideas.

Thanks,
Nancy from Denham Springs, LA

What is the theme if any .. and or color of the wedding ..there are tons of idea's .. homemade chocolate's designed around the wedding colors .. candles .. not them crappy dollar store ones or yankee candle ones .. mini wood frames painted in brides wedding colors .. with a printed out paper of the wedding invitation .. then guests could take it home an replace it with a pic or leave as is..

I did anniversary favors once by buying small organza drawstring bags (very elegant looking and available, inexpensivley, online at many craft websites) and then I ordered (again, online) magnets made with a wedding photo of the couple and the wedding date-we then put those into the organza bags and added a handful of Hershey's hugs and kisses candy. Most of the party guests still display the magnet on their refrigerator.

Yes, there are many ideas, depending on your theme and colors! I just saw in a catalog that they ad bookmarks...and they were cute...BUT...a friend of mine makes them a lot cheaper than you can buy them for!

She prints up a nice quote (for whatever occasion) and prints them out the size she wants them, and decorates it with stickers (or stampers...because she leaves a space at the top) and sticks a ribbon behind it with a few beads on either end, and then instead of paying for laminating...she uses contact paper.

"A spoonful of kisses from the new Mr. & Mrs." What you need: Hershey Kisses, they make many varieties & color wrappers at the holidays; Plastic spoon, the kind for picnics, any color; Bridal tulle (fine netting), any color; Thin ribbon, fabric or curly ribbon, any color; Home-printed tag. On the bowl of the spoon place two Hershey Kisses w/ the flat ends together, cover w/ tulle & tie with ribbon around the bottom of the handle of the spoon. Attach the tag w/ the same ribbon also. Yummy & cute, especially when done in the wedding colors or all white w/ silver kisses.

http://budget101.com/weddings.htm

Instead of throwing rice or bird seed. I suggest heart shaped "sprinkles", they can be bought in bulk.

This is a simple idea but your friends and relatives will love it. Get some non copyrighted pictures taken of you and your fiancee. Make copies and put them on the tables as favors. You can get the color pictures changed into black and white or sepia toned prints.

If you like to scrapbook you could come up with some very attractive paper frames.

I purchased simple wine goblets in bulk, and tied a handmade tag, with mine and my husband's names and our wedding date printed on them. I tied the tags on with raffia. The guest were told the goblets were theirs to keep. I got pretty little plastic goblets for the younger kids. Everyone there was thrilled with the idea of using their goblets to toast the bride and groom, and then taking them home.