Decoupaged Pop Bottle Bird Feeders

I am a 4-H leader and would like to do this as a Mother's Day gift, but don't know how to decoupage. Can someone please tell me how to do the bird feeders? Thanks.

By Pam from MO

Hi Pam,

Decoupage is basically a thinned white glue. if you paint pictures on the bottles you do not need to decoupage. But if you cut out pictures or use any other type of decoration and want to attach it to the bottle, then you will use decopage to attach it to the bottle and after that dries, continue to add layers of decoupage to help seal them to the bottle. Allow each layer to dry throughly before applying the next layer. you may want to have 5 to 10 top layers. Since the bird feeders will be used outside they will have to be sealed with a clear paint. You can either use spray or brush on paint. I hope this helps some. If I can be of further help just let me know.

Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder
Making a Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder
Crafts Garden & Yard Bird FeedersMarch 22, 2010
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder