Vibrating Noise When I Flush The Toilet

I get a loud vibration noise when I flush one of the toilets. Does anyone know the cause and cure for this?

Beatrice from Swift Current, CA

You may be onto something there a vibrating toilet.Wheeeee.

Seriously if this has just started it could mean one thing and if it has been ongoing for a long time it could be something else.

Also if you have recently done some plumbing work and shut down the water or got some air in the water line that's another possibility.

Any answers to the above would help us narrow it down to a cause. Just off the batt I would suspect air in the lines. Called "air hammering"

You could do a Google search (check 'water hammer,' as well as 'air hammering') because the remedies will vary depending on the kind and location of your pipes.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PlumbingJune 9, 2007
Paper Towels
Fixing a Toilet Clogged By Paper Towels
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper