Curtains Won't Close All The Way

I have a set of curtain rods that will not meet in the center. There seems to be something holding one of them back. Most of the time I don't use the cords, just pull them open in the morning, and pull them closed at night and pull the fabric together and clothespin it to provide privacy. I don't use the cords much because the cats eat them and I have them safely put up. There is enough play in the cords to stretch the whole way across the window, so this is not what is holding them back. Any Ideas?

mistressdevine50 from Youngstown, OH

Your drapes may be too narrow for the rod... Or you may have them hooked on the wrong plastic thingys that hold them to the traverse rod. I've done this and had the same problem.

Home and Garden Repair Home WindowsMarch 12, 2006
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
A sewing machine making repairs.
Repairing Thermal Backing on Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains