Ornament Stand Centerpieces

I had to make centerpieces for an athletic banquet. Our school colors are purple and gold. I made 40 centerpieces for less than $200. I bought ornament stands (brass) off eBay in bulk. I found purple star ornaments (with flecks of gold) at a pottery store. I hung these on the stand.

Then I used fishing line to hand a smaller gold star ornament just below it. At the top of the ornament stand I attached gold wire garland with stars and shaped them into a curly design. Then, I tied a very small piece of purple wire ribbon to set it off. Very cute.

We then put small assorted sizes of cardboard boxes on the table, draped them with gold and purple fabric, put small cut glass mirror on top and placed our decorated ornament stand on top. Dollar store was great and fabric was cheap. The trick is to find the ornament stand and ornaments in bulk and on sale.

By Booster Rat from Fayetteville, NC

Sounds awesome. The same or something similar could be done for wedding reception tables or any kind of party celebrations. If you have a picture, please post it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see it. Thanks.

Margaret from Denton, Texas

Yes, a picture would be nice. Good ideas about buying those things in bulk. Thanks.

Athletic Banquet
Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesJanuary 8, 2009
A starburst Christmas ornament made with wrapping paper.
Making a Paper Starburst Ornament
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
Banquet Table Decorations
Banquet Table Decoration Ideas
Summer Themed Flower Centerpiece
Summer Themed Centerpieces