Cleaning Clothes That Have Yellowed

What's the best way to get white and colored clothing clean after it's been hanging in a closet for ages and has yellowed? I don't want to use chlorine bleach. I am afraid of using bleach full strength.

By Gayle from Rochester, NY

Best thing would be to hang the clothes in the sunshine to dry. Never use bleach full strength--it will burn holes in some fabric. But a little bleach may help brighten yellowed clothes--start with a small amount like 1/2 cup for a full load of laundry but just use bleach on whites. Try borax or washing soda for colors.

I used to wear white uniforms. The best way to brighten and clean is to run through the washer with Lestoil. Then you'll have to wash again to get the smell out. Works wonderfully.

Try Oxyclean or any of those products with the word Oxy in it. They really whiten!

Oxyclean is great for whites. You can leave things soak for days if necessary. I soaked a 50 year old tablecloth for 3 days and the stains finally came out. Unlike bleach, it does not dissolve the material.

For colors soak (follow directions) in "Clorox 2, Stain Fighter & Color Booster". It's pricey, but gets out grease and blood from clothes. It is the best I've ever used on colors in 60 years of doing laundry.

Good I shall check. Thanks.

Cleaning Clothes
Cleaning Clothes That Have Yellowed
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingMarch 25, 2010
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair
Yellowed Refrigerator Handles
Cleaning Yellowed Refrigerator Handles
🎉
🎄