Homemade Greeting Card Holder

Does anyone know how to make a nice, budget-friendly Christmas/holiday card holder with things from around the house? I want one that can hold a decent amount of cards and not easily fall apart or have the cards fall down? I have three boys.

Thank you.

By Jeri from Fountain, CO

Use a can opener to remove both the top and the bottom of a juice can; or remove the bottom of a potato-chip can. Use Christmas colored yarns to wrap the can, top to bottom, dropping the yarn in the top of the can, out the bottom, around the outside to drop into the top again until you can no longer see the can. The you just open the cards (like a book) and put one of the pieces of yarn in it, (holding it at the fold.

I hope that makes sense!

Here's a greeting card holder that your boys can make.

Here is a pic for what Jilson kindly posted. I think I will make one too!

You could staple the back of cards to a long ribbon and tie top ribbon to something strong and let cards hang down against the wall or attach both ends of ribbon to door frame and have cards hang down.

I found a perfect shape and size basket on sale almost three decades ago and spray painted it with rustoleum high gloss red. Can move it from table to table and some years set in on the floor in strategic corners.

Holidays and Parties Christmas OrganizationDecember 8, 2009
Greeting cards with bows
Greeting Card Alternatives
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
CD Candle Holder
Making a CD Candle Holder
Button Christmas card.
Displaying Christmas Cards