Quick Fix for Faucet

I don't know if I will ever have extra money to repair everything around this aging house anytime soon, so when the tub faucets got loose recently, and would not accept normal tightening, and would not stay on the temp/flow setting I needed, I went to the kitchen drawer and found just the right sized sturdy rubber band. I placed it around both faucets together. Now I have absolutely no trouble keeping the faucets set where I want them and we can avoid the threat of accidental scalding for my bath and for my young grandchild's bath who lives with me, as the hot water faucet used to turn itself on fuller until this quick fix. Thank God!

By Lynda from TX

God love you. A few summers ago, my husband and I decided to start fixing small things around the house that we'd put off for years. We did them one after another. I even made a list of things we needed whenever we went to the store to complete certain projects, so we wouldn't waste gas money making special trips. You know, a certain size washer for this, or a new cord for a lamp, small things that you'd normally forget about. We worked continually throughout the summer on these projects. Never did finish them, but made quite a dent. It's so surprising how many things you just make-do with. Although we never did buy anything new for the house, it's still a pleasure having things that are fixed and work properly--it saves so much time, trouble and money. I want to do that again next summer. As humble as my posessions are, they're still mine -- and paid for, so I plan on taking care of them and keeping them working as long as possible. Glad you found something that works for you.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PlumbingOctober 16, 2006
Singer Stitch Sew Quick
Singer Stitch Sew Quick Reviews
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
No Bake Cookie Recipes
No Bake Cookie Recipes
Checkerboard Contact Paper
Using Contact Paper on Countertops