Taco Salad

Love all the flavors and the crunchy texture.

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning
  • 1 large bag salad (chopped lettuce/carrots)
  • Ad
  • 1 large bag barbecue Frito-Lays corn chips
  • 1 bottle French dressing
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 small tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 cans kidney beans

Brown the hamburger and drain. Mix with taco seasoning according to package directions. Place in large bowl. Put chopped lettuce, diced onions, chopped tomatoes, corn chips, and the 2 cans of drained kidney beans in the bowl. Toss all the ingredients together.

Pour French dressing over top and toss everything together again. So yummy and easy to make. You can also add black olives if you like. It is always a big hit at family gatherings.

If you are taking this to church dinner, put the hamburger on bottom and all the ingredients in bowl. Put lettuce on top. When you get there, add the corn chips and french dressing, and toss. It will not get soggy this way.

Servings: 10
Prep Time: 15 min Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 min Minutes

Source: This is my sister Jean's recipe. We always ask her to make it!

By Dorothy from New Creek, WV

I've been making this for years. I put green onions cut up, shredded cheddar cheese and use Western dressing. Makes a lot but always welcomed.

Thanks for the recipe! I had to make this with another girl for a project in Girl Scouts 35 years ago. We doubled the recipe & mixed it in a big stew pot. Of course we had to chop a head of lettuce (couldn't buy it bagged back then) & used plain corn chips because that's all there was. Everyone loved it & I wanted to make it again as an adult to see if it was as good as I remember, but couldn't remember the recipe & people thought I was crazy when I said I was sure it was French Dressing! So thanks, I'll make this for my kids & grandkids & see if they like it as much as I did back then!

Thanks for the comments ladies. I sometimes also put shredded cheese on it if i have it! Its good either way.

I love taco salad! I used to get it in corn chip bags at basketball games!

Your picture looks like it has a cooked she'll for the container. How is the shell made?

Chicken Taco Salad
Taco Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads MexicanJuly 13, 2011
Shrimp Tacos
Seafood Taco Recipes
Taco Bake on Picnic Table
Taco Bake Recipes
Taco Shells
Making Taco Shells
Making taco seasoning.
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipes