Make Your Own Halloween Costumes

Tips and Ideas for Making Your Own Halloween Costumes. Post Your Ideas.

Don't waste a lot of money on a Halloween costume when they are so easy to make. Old lace curtains can be the base for a princess or a bride. Staple or hot glue.

One piece blanket sleepers or a set of sweat pants and matching hoodie are great for animal costumes. This year my friend's child wants to be a hamster. I surely prefer that to something bloody and gory. Brown or tan sweats, little ears of felt pinned or stitched on the hood, and a similar tail attached to her bottom, a few whiskers with a make-up pencil...voila. Look in magazines and books, and improvise from their improvisation.

One year my teen went as a pencil. We were cruising around Wal-Mart and she spotted a pencil yellow sweatshirt, and then we found athletic shirts in that same color. I cut out the letters "No. 2 PENCIL" from stickyback felt and she stuck them on the shirt.

A strip of pink fun foam around her head was the eraser. She wore black tights. It was fun to make, very original and except for the sweatshirt, shorts and tights, which she can wear again, cost about $1.00!

By Linda from Vista, CA

My son wants to be a hamster for Halloween, as on The Wonder Pets on Nick. jr. any suggestions?

My son wants to be a hamster/wonder pet as well! I am having trouble finding a tan or brown set of pajamas -- did you find any?

I have a halloween party tomorrow and I have nothing to wear. What's something I can find around my house or something not to expensive to get help

my little grandson wants me to dress up too because they always come here for awhile and we walk around our block to trick or treat with him. I had some old white sheets that I used for ghost to hang all around.I made me an ice cream sandwich costume to wear.I just took enough of the white sheet and measured it around me much like you would put a towel around your middle torso. Then I took 2 square foam sheets and spray painted them brown (for the cookie part) then cut little round holes all over the cookie. I then sewed the foam cookie sheets to the front and back of the sheet that I fited for my body. I made 2 white shoulder straps from the sheet fabric & attached it to the front & back shoulder tops of the larger sheet. When finished it just slips over my head and pull down your body. You then are a ice cream sandwich for halloween! You could do the same thing with a white towl and cardboard spay painted brown & use rubber bands for your shoulder straps. And just wear light weight clothes underneath. If its for a child they could wear white tights & white turtle neck top.

I don't want to buy a costume for Halloween. I just wanna go trick or treating. Can i just dress up like just something like cool stuff like without sewing it?

Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 14, 2005
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
Boy in Devil Costume
Making a Devil Costume
A dog dressed up like a chia pet.
Photos of Dogs in Halloween Costumes
Making a Batman Costume
🎉
🎄