Flickering Light Bulb In a Lamp

I have a table lamp where the light bulb has started to flicker in the socket. I have replaced the bulb several times with a brand new one, and each time it continues to flicker. Can anyone tell me if just the socket needs replaced or if the lamp needs to be rewired completely? Or, if neither of those solutions will correct the problem, how can I fix this? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Tori from Pittsburgh, PA

Sounds like the wiring or the socket in the lamp is going - & there's a loose connection somewhere - Lamps are really easy to re-wire - I won't go into it all here - but you can find instructions all over the net. Electricity intimidated me - but lamps are really very easy.

Take your lamp to Typhoon Lighting in Regent Square and they'll tell you what's wrong and fix it for you!

Home and Garden Repair Furniture LampsDecember 4, 2006
Stuck Light Bulb
Removing a Stuck Light Bulb
Light Bulb Vase
Making a Light Bulb Vase
Light Switch
Repairing a Light Switch
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 10:17:54 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.