NFL Players Defend Dog Fighting

"Washington Redskins players Clinton Portis and Chris Samuels defended Michael Vick on Monday by ridiculing the notion that dog fighting is considered a crime.

In an interview with WAVY-TV, Portis said that if the Atlanta Falcons quarterback is charged and convicted of being involved in a dog fighting operation, then authorities would be 'putting him behind bars for no reason.'

'I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not,' Portis said. 'But it's his property; it's his dogs. If that's what he wants to do, do it.'

Portis said dog fighting is a 'prevalent' part of life."

Read the Rest Here...

I would encourage all pet owners to contact your local representatives to let them know that dog fighting should NOT be tolerated. It is a crime and it these criminals should be brought to justice. I also suggest contacting your local NFL team and let them know that their players should not be promoting dog fighting.

I am so sad to hear that people think it's okay to have anything to do with dog fighting . to think an NFL player which is susposed to be a hero for our children ! NOONE should ever think its even close to being ok. what next having a toddler fight?!!

Sorry just can't see my grandchildren thinking well this football player thinks its ok so why not..

hugs,Dar in Texas

Personally, living close enough to Atlanta and Flowery Branch that I could throw a "football" and hit Mike Vick in the head, I have had enough of Mike Vick. He deserves what he gets. It is his property which means that if dog fighting is illegal in VA then his is the violator since it was his home that the fights occurred at. Also, what ever happened to the marijuana that was found in the bottom of the soda bottle he tried to get through the airport????? He is well overpaid and needs to have his mama smack his butt for misbehaving.

This just goes to prove that anyone who makes a name for themselves in this world thinks that they can do whatever it is they want and not have to pay the consequences.

Contact your state representatives and tell them what YOU feel YOU need to tell them. Do not allow them to just form letter you back. Make them actually have to read it and respond.

Sorry for the rant, I am just sick of this crap!!!!

GaJan

Well, Well, Well, we pay big bucks to watch some fool throw a ball and run down a field with it, and then say to them you can do what you want to, we dont care, you are so great and worthy. Sorry, but you dont make the team of humans Vick. What a sick mind you have, must have been something you ate, maybe? Your day will come, and I pray that the Big Coach does not cut you from His team. You need help, the sooner the better.

This is terrible, but maybe some good can come of it if people will contact their state reps and make sure dog-fighting is illegal and that the laws are enforced. And children need to understand that the best role models are their parents and teachers, not some overpaid athletes who don't know right from wrong.

How can these players say it ia alright for Vicks to have them and use them for fighting! I am sick of overpaid ballplayers who think they can break the law and think it is funny.......I say let him work in a dog shelter cleaning up after abused animals and mabey he will have a change of heart but I really doubt it. As for his friends---same thing for them.......

i agree we pay them millions of dollars and then what they think the kids take hold of. i have seen a tremendous increase in pitbulls, and rottwielers in my area of town just in the last 3 years.

These creeps should be Kicked out of the NFL & made to work in animal hospitals & in Human Emergency Wards when some of these abused dogs get loose & attack People .

Pitbulls & Rottweillors are Lovely Dogs If they are Treated Right .

What is wrong with these with these professional players today. HOW could they think allowing dogs to hurt or be hurt is O.K.? Those players who make such statements should be banned from having the ability to make mega bucks, because they don't deserve that kind of money just becasuse they can throw a ball. I agree with the person who said they should be made to work in a shelter and see the aftermath of such fighting.

I live one county over from Michael Vick's property. It seems there are several issues here. Dog fighting occurred there. He and his property were under investigation by authorities for a very long time before the actual arrest happened. It is illegal and the betting associated with it is of course illegal. Then there is the question of income and tax evasion from that income. When the story broke he unloaded that property like a hot potato. Animal cruelty set aside and that is of course horrible, it is a felony to shoot a dog here. How much more cruel to train them to tear themselves apart. Everyone associated with this should get the maximum penalty allowed by law. No exceptions! The players that spoke out supporting him should be reviewed by whatever governing body rides over them - (the Commission ?) because I would bet alot that there is some gambling going on there somewhere. It is time for these "punks" going around in adult bodies to step up and grow up and be responsible for their actions. If you break the law you should go to jail. You should not be glorified or hero worshipped by countless children who have few idols in this world to look up to that are not fictional. He knew about it, he did it, what is the problem. It seems the more money people have, the greater their vices because they can afford them. Maybe Michael Vick needs a reality check about how lucky he is to have the job he does and make the megabucks and he should not spend his time looking for cheap thrills that are illegal and horrendously cruel.

NFL players who are involved in this are worse than animals. They are one of the lowest froms of life. Of course they will probably get away with it, considering how they get rich from idiots who spend money on games.

I will never again watch football on TV. Come on people, show the NFL that they can not do this to dogs and get away with it. TURN OFF THE NFL ON TV!

Some people think that because they're rich, they're smart. This is a good example of what I mean. Notice Porter's very poor command of English.

It's also a good example of what is meant by threading a camel through the eye of a needle. These guys are what I call "camel threaders."

I think the Washington and Atlanta teams should receive a copy of this thread, so they can see how we feel.

Now, women may not make up a huge percentage of their fans, but we sure do have something to say about what our husbands/boyfriends choose for sports.

Cats Fighting
Preventing Cats From Fighting
DVD Player
Cleaning CD and DVD Players
Old Record Player
Uses for Old Record Players
🎄