Cheesy Ham Soup
- leftover ham bone
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup (fill with water 1 1/2 times and add)
- 2 cups diced cooked ham (use leftovers, if convenient)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut up in bite-size pieces, fresh or frozen
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup quick barley
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Put enough water in 4 qt. pot to cover ham bone. Add onions and season to taste. Simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove ham from bone and save with liquid. Discard bone.
Microwave the Velveeta and milk until melted, 4-6 minutes. Combine this mixture with the reserved ham mixture and remaining ingredients.
Bring to a full boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1-2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 10:28:25 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us