Cheesy Ham Soup
- leftover ham bone
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup (fill with water 1 1/2 times and add)
- 2 cups diced cooked ham (use leftovers, if convenient)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut up in bite-size pieces, fresh or frozen
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup quick barley
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Put enough water in 4 qt. pot to cover ham bone. Add onions and season to taste. Simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove ham from bone and save with liquid. Discard bone.
Microwave the Velveeta and milk until melted, 4-6 minutes. Combine this mixture with the reserved ham mixture and remaining ingredients.
Bring to a full boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1-2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 18, 2016 at 12:49:29 PM on 10.0.1.14 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us