Don't Add Flea Collars In Your Vacuum

I've been doing more dog research on the internet, and have found out a couple of things. Long ago, I told people on ThriftyFun that they could cut a dog flea collar in quarters and put one quarter in a vacuum cleaner bag at a time, sealing the other three pieces into a freezer bag, and putting them in the freezer, until needed. (my vet told me this) Somewhere on the internet, I just read that this should not be done because of fumes.

God Bless All of Us. We really have to be watchful and careful of what we do. Some people might be fine with a quarter piece of flea collar in a certain type vacuum cleaner, and others of us may have problems with it.

Also, don't put moth balls in a vacuum cleaner bag because of fumes.

We should be careful of ourselves and our pets.

By Carol from South Bend, IN

If the fumes from a flea collar were enough to bother us, then why would we ever put them on our pets? I like the idea of putting pieces of one in the vacuum and plan to start doing that.

The piece of flea collar in vacuum cleaner bag kills the fleas you vacuum up! I use all natural collars from Natural Pet & love the scent! Doesn't bother the critters, either!

February 10, 2010 Flag

Since it is close to being flea and tick season, put a flea collar in your vacuum bag every time you change the bag. This will kill fleas you catch on the carpet and keep them from getting back out of the vacuum.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

Answers:

Flea Collar In Your Vacuum

Flea collars are EXTREMELY toxic to animals and humans. Please google info on these before ever using them! (05/06/2009)

By Jean and Maggie

May 4, 2009 Flag

Put a flea collar in your vacuum bag to kill fleas that you vacuum.

By catlady13711

Answers:

Flea Collar In Your Vacuum

I find that flea collars for my cats need to be trimmed. Instead of wasting a whole collar in the bag, just place the trimmed remnants inside instead. It's worthwhile to buy slightly larger collars just for this reason, they cost the same! (05/03/2005)

By Cathy

Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Pets FleasFebruary 10, 2010
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Vacuum Cleaner Cover
Making a Vacuum Cleaner Cover
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
🎄