Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Uses for wine corks?

By McTeapot from MA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I was at the craft mall the other day and someone had taken a tray and glued the corks (sideways) across to make a pretty little display. I bet you could use it to serve with or put it on the wall for a message center like mentioned above. Also, If you really love the corks, try arranging them in a shadow box and create a great work of art. Maybe decorate with some miniature wine bottles and glasses around the bottom. Fun! I don't drink wine so I am never able to collect enough corks to create anything like this. Have fun!

Corks, glued together make a very attractive trivet for hot pots.

If you click on Woman's Day Magazine wine cork Christmas tree under related links, you will find directions for a cute holiday project. I made one and am making another. We always have lots of corks because we make home made wine.

You might also want to check Better Homes and Gardens' website. It is www.bhg.com. I know I have seen a wine cork wreath idea there.

I'm in New Zealand, and want to make a wine cork board but have very few wine corks! Any ideas where I could buy in bulk?

August 17, 2009 Flag

I am looking for craft ideas for wine corks. Any ideas?

By raven69 from Northern CA

Answers:

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

My friend's mom made an awesome wreath for her apartment. It probably took between 150 - 200 wine corks. (07/20/2009)

By jlct67

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I made a lot of horses out of corks, 1 for head, 1 for body and I cut two for the legs or, if small, use 4, and glue a little yarn for mane. She did a western Christmas tree. (07/21/2009)

By sallysue

July 2, 2009 Flag

***

Turn those wine corks into cool crafts!
***

I want information on making crafts from wine corks such as wreaths, trivets, coasters, and bulletin boards. I want to know how to cut the cork so that it does not come apart.

I have been looking for a book of patterns and ideas along with care and instructions, but I only find free information that is not thorough enough. Can you help me with this information?

Thank you.
Rebecca

Answers:

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Place corsage pins, the kind with large pearl heads, loaded with beads in a star pattern into the sides of the cork. Makes a great snowflake ornament. Use a good sharp knife, pressing downward, not saw like.

A light coat of clear nail polish may help keep them from crumbling too, and you would still be able to pierce them or glue them, but not sure about heat resistance afterward. Trial and error, trial and error. (01/30/2009)

By Dedeswrkshop

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Do you wanna go big-time? here's a link:

http://www.handmadedetroit.com/2007/03/27/project-crawl-revisited-wine-cork-craft-and-art/ (01/31/2009)

By kimhis

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I use corks when I'm having a fancy dinner. Stand them upright and make a slit in the top. Write someones name on a piece of card stock and insert into the slit. These make for perfect place cards, or if you're serving a buffet, these place cards can tell you what the different food items are. (02/04/2009)

By Adrianne

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I just used a sharp craft knife and as long as the corks are in good condition to start with this seems to help. They make great notice boards and mine is a fabulous souvenir of a trip to New Zealand (the bartender let me have a bag full.).
(02/06/2009)

By H

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Hey crafters, I've painted them white for snowman. Use fingertip off old glove for hat, paint toothpick orange for nose, piece of ribbon around base for scarf, paint eyes and mouth on. Another idea is to paint them orange. Put pumpkin face on with black paint. I've used both ideas for table settings. Put ribbon in top of cork and tie around napkin. Each person gets a little take home gift. I've made over 30 at a time. My kids have helped to paint. Make it easy and you'll have fun; creative fun from recycling. Cyndi (02/06/2009)

By Cyndi

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I made a chair rail using wine corks. I got the idea from seeing a whole wall covered with them. See attached photo. (02/09/2009)

By Lee M.

RE: Crafts Made With Wine Corks

January 29, 2009 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Wine cork used as name card holder
Reusing Corks
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 2, 2016 at 11:11:41 PM on 10.0.1.212 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.