Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Uses for wine corks?

By McTeapot from MA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I was at the craft mall the other day and someone had taken a tray and glued the corks (sideways) across to make a pretty little display. I bet you could use it to serve with or put it on the wall for a message center like mentioned above. Also, If you really love the corks, try arranging them in a shadow box and create a great work of art. Maybe decorate with some miniature wine bottles and glasses around the bottom. Fun! I don't drink wine so I am never able to collect enough corks to create anything like this. Have fun!

Corks, glued together make a very attractive trivet for hot pots.

If you click on Woman's Day Magazine wine cork Christmas tree under related links, you will find directions for a cute holiday project. I made one and am making another. We always have lots of corks because we make home made wine.

You might also want to check Better Homes and Gardens' website. It is www.bhg.com. I know I have seen a wine cork wreath idea there.

I'm in New Zealand, and want to make a wine cork board but have very few wine corks! Any ideas where I could buy in bulk?

Answer

I am looking for craft ideas for wine corks. Any ideas?

By raven69 from Northern CA

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

My friend's mom made an awesome wreath for her apartment. It probably took between 150 - 200 wine corks. (07/20/2009)

By jlct67

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I made a lot of horses out of corks, 1 for head, 1 for body and I cut two for the legs or, if small, use 4, and glue a little yarn for mane. She did a western Christmas tree. (07/21/2009)

By sallysue

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Turn those wine corks into cool crafts!

I want information on making crafts from wine corks such as wreaths, trivets, coasters, and bulletin boards. I want to know how to cut the cork so that it does not come apart.

I have been looking for a book of patterns and ideas along with care and instructions, but I only find free information that is not thorough enough. Can you help me with this information?

Thank you.
Rebecca

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Place corsage pins, the kind with large pearl heads, loaded with beads in a star pattern into the sides of the cork. Makes a great snowflake ornament. Use a good sharp knife, pressing downward, not saw like.

A light coat of clear nail polish may help keep them from crumbling too, and you would still be able to pierce them or glue them, but not sure about heat resistance afterward. Trial and error, trial and error. (01/30/2009)

By Dedeswrkshop

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Do you wanna go big-time? here's a link:

http://www.handmadedetroit.com/2007/03/27/project-crawl-revisited-wine-cork-craft-and-art/ (01/31/2009)

By kimhis

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I use corks when I'm having a fancy dinner. Stand them upright and make a slit in the top. Write someones name on a piece of card stock and insert into the slit. These make for perfect place cards, or if you're serving a buffet, these place cards can tell you what the different food items are. (02/04/2009)

By Adrianne

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I just used a sharp craft knife and as long as the corks are in good condition to start with this seems to help. They make great notice boards and mine is a fabulous souvenir of a trip to New Zealand (the bartender let me have a bag full.).
(02/06/2009)

By H

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Hey crafters, I've painted them white for snowman. Use fingertip off old glove for hat, paint toothpick orange for nose, piece of ribbon around base for scarf, paint eyes and mouth on. Another idea is to paint them orange. Put pumpkin face on with black paint. I've used both ideas for table settings. Put ribbon in top of cork and tie around napkin. Each person gets a little take home gift. I've made over 30 at a time. My kids have helped to paint. Make it easy and you'll have fun; creative fun from recycling. Cyndi (02/06/2009)

By Cyndi

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I made a chair rail using wine corks. I got the idea from seeing a whole wall covered with them. See attached photo. (02/09/2009)

By Lee M.

RE: Crafts Made With Wine Corks

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Tips and ideas for making crafts with wine corks.

Wine Cork Wreaths

Make wine cork wreaths - hold the corks together using straightened paperclips and bend into a round shape. Add tiny ribbon bows between each cork or one large bow on top as a hanger. Make great gifts!

By Valerie

A Bulletin Board

Cut them in 1/2 length wise and glue them next to each other and you've got a message center. Thumb tack notes to it.

By Jay

Finger Puppets

You can paint them and then paint faces on them. Add hair and then attach, with glue, a piece of wrap around velcro to back side of wine cork. You can then attach this to your finger to use as a finger puppet. Add doll clothes to your fingers or even attach clothes to base of cork for more details. They make cute dolls.

By tklein9382

Dining Room Baseboard

They make a really attractive dining room baseboard. Cut them in half, stick on the wall, and top with a piece of quarter-round.

By Dragon

Decorator Wreath Idea

Wine corks and miniature wine bottles makes a nice decorator wreath.

By Syd

Drum Beads

Here's a new one I just ran into:

Fiber Drum Necklace

This shows you how to fabricate wine corks into little drums to use as beads in a necklace. Requires small pieces of leather, thread and cork.

http://www.beadwrangler.com/project3main.htm

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Wine Cork Hot Pad

While helping to clean up after my nephew's wedding, I gathered all the wine corks. Later at home I made them into a hot pad or trivet. I just arranged them in a single layer in rows, turning them so the top was up and the next one the top was down, as they are fatter at the top, turning them help equal that out, till I found what I thought looked good and then hot glued them together.

Glued a ribbon around them, so it made a loop at the top to be hung up if they wished. Wrote on the back of it with a Sharpie permanent marker their names and wedding date & my name. I hope that gives you another idea.

By trashcrafter

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

To add to the hot pad feedback - my sister takes a picture frame, without the glass, and glues the half corks inside the confines of the edges. This gives it a more finished look, and you can still glue a ribbon on it to hang it. (07/27/2006)

By mrsmutt

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I keep wine corks in a basket with a pretty ribbon tied on the basket handle. It can be displayed with a wine bottle in a wine basket on a pretty tray; embellished with artificial flowers/artificial grape clusters or even real flowers and grapes; tuck some greenery between the flowers and grapes . This arrangement would be nice for a couple's gathering with hor d'orves, drinks, etc. (07/06/2007)

By WandaJo

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

For the hot plates what kind of glue did you use? Glue gun isn't holding and I'm afraid it might melt with a hot pan on it? Help!
mhprep AT hotmail.com (09/12/2007)

By maggi

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I saw in one of the women's mags a Christmas tree (centerpiece) made out of wine corks. Does any one know which magazine it was. Good Housekeeping, Ladies Home Journal? (10/29/2007)

By amy

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

The Christmas tree made of wine corks was in Woman's Day, Dec 5 2006 issue. (02/17/2008)

By cj

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Hi all, here's one I haven't seen yet. My son had a project using trash at school and I had kept a bagful of corks from our local restaurant. We used the corks and built a Log Cabin house.

Using a shoe box cut out windows and doors and then as they normally lay out logs extending at the corner of the house do the same with the logs (corks). They are easily cut by placing on your cutting board and using a sharp knife. We used whole corks but you could also cut them in half lengthwise. Get Corking! (05/08/2008)

By Rebecca

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Wine cork used as name card holder
Reusing Corks
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:52:04 PM on 10.0.0.6 in 828 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.