Cheap White Washcloths for Everyday

contest winner icon

If you have young children or teenagers who wear make-up, purchasing a bulk package of plain white washcloths can be very economical! I used to have nice, thick washcloths with pretty designs until I began to have kids. Then it seemed like whenever my kids needed to wash their faces or take a bath, they always seemed to grab the best washcloths. Even my husband seemed to gravitate towards them for the dirty job of wiping grubby little dirt (or food) stained hands and faces.

Pretty soon my nice washcloths were ugly and stained! It got even worse when my oldest (a girl) began to wear make-up, then we could add lipstick, mascara, and eye liner to the dirt, fruit punch stains, and even the occasional "boo-boo" blood and cake frosting! The final straw was when my oldest son decided to try the 'gothic-look' and added HIS black eye liner to the mix! And then they began to experiment with the hair dye...

I went to the store and bought a big 12 pack of white washcloths for the family bathroom. What remained of the nice stuff was kept in the master bathroom for me (or to be brought out for company). It didn't matter how dirty and stained they got, I could toss them in the washer with some bleach and get the stains out. When they got too grubby looking, they got sent to the rag box.

It's been 10 years since I started this habit and I am only on my 2nd pack of 12 white washcloths! Since we've added 5 grandkids to the mix, I'm sure we'll continue this practice for a few more years - as you can tell from my twin grandsons Riley and Rhaynan on their 2nd birthday! ;D

By lyonpridej from OK

Cheap White Washcloths for Everyday

I always buy those packets of washcloths at Dollar General Store. I also buy their hand and bath towels. They come in attractive colors but the biggest advantage I have found in buying inexpensive towels is they don't take forever in the dryer. This saves me time and maybe a penny or two in electricity.

I do the same, and keep a stack of them in the kitchen, they make awesome spill grabbers, as long as you rinse them out they don't get sour smelling. When they get too gross, into the rag bag!

Great tip!

And I love the pics of your adorable grandsons!

I used those or cheap decorative hand towels as everyday napkins when the kids were little.

Now I use a big basket of washcloths as use once hand towels. Cuts germs. Grab a washcloth dry hands drop in hamper. I wash towels every other day so I have about 24 of those cheap washcloths. No colds.

If mothers didn't learn tricks like this one early on, they'd either work themselves to death trying to keep up with everything, or they'd end up doing without a single thing left that was "nice". Those cheapie wash cloths double as dust cloths, and car washing rags (keeps men from grabbing your best dish towels). They save a lot of money when

compared to the cost of paper towels in the kitchen too.

And of course, those little white wash cloths do their most important work in the bath.

I keep the old worn-out towels for mopping up spills on the tile floors, and then into the wash they go.

Great tip.

Pookarina

I keep a gallon size plastic ice cream bucket from Kroger's in my laundry area. I toss my yukky kitchen spill grabbers in it and when it is full I wash them as a small load.

July 11, 2012 Flag

It is very unpleasant to go and wash your face with a stinky washcloth. I now purchase colorful bandannas to use in lieu of the traditional one. Even in humidity, they dry within a a few hours. Bonus, they are more pliable.

I imagine that individual family members could have their individual theme. The bandannas can be purchased for $1.00 or less.

By Chris A. from Potomac Falls, VA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments
Photos FamilyMarch 22, 2011
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
Washcloths
Washcloth Craft Ideas
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 1:52:42 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.