Decorating for a Baby Shower

I'm expecting my 1st grandchild in March and I am planning to give my daughter a baby shower. Can anyone suggest some decorating ideas, games to play, and food to serve? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jayne from Bristow, VA

One game that is kind of gross but fun that I have played. Get different kinds of chocolate bars one with peanuts one with crips, snikers etc. Then take a baby diaper and melt a small amount of one of the candy bars in the diaper. This makes it look like a messy diaper. Number the diapers and keep track of what candy bar is on it. Then the guests have to guess what kind of candy bar is on it. Some will smell them, some will touch them and yet others will taste the candy if you reassure them it is only candy. This is normally a really fun game.

I threw a baby shower for my sister not so long ago and it was a rubber ducky in a bathtub theme. I had over 100 clear balloons all over the house as the bubbles and put cotton and little rubber duckies on all the hard surfaces I could find. The punch was in a baby bathtub (which was lined with clear plastic so it was useable after) with rubber duckies in floating in it. The favors were these little rubber ducky key chains that I found at liquidation world.

Baby showers are so much fun and you can do so much with them..

Hi,

We created balloon centerpieces at reasonable prices..many can be personalized for your event. The following is a link to one of our newest baby shower centerpieces Ducky Day. The picture shown is for a boy centerpiece and we can made it for a girl as well. There are plenty others for you to choose from as well.

http://celebrat  cp/cpbs1009.html

The centerpieces are fully assembled, we ship them to you and you just put them on the table, very easy.

Hope that helps with your centerpiece ideas.

Katie

At my friend's shower, we had a bottle race. Whoever volunteered had a bottle of juice. Whoever drank their bottle first won. It was a lot of fun.

I GAVE MY DAUGHTER A BABY SHOWER FOR HER FIRST CHILD AND HAD NEVER GIVEN A SHOWER BEFORE. I WENT TO OUR LOCAL LIBRARY AND THERE WERE ALL KINDS OF BOOKS WITH CHEAP, SIMPLE IDEAS IN THEM AND THATS WHAT HELPED ME MAKE HER SHOWER A SUCCESS.

Hi~~at my daughter's babyshower we played a few games~~baby bingo, put paper plates on top of head & had to draw picture of baby on it without lifting pencil (some of the pictures they drew :0) ) also if you know the baby's name~you can make a word scramble out of it. We also bought a plain white towel and had people sign it with best wishes or advice for the new mom which she got to keep also filled a baby bottle up with candy and had to guess the amt. Hope this helps. Enjoy!!

Babyfood tasting competitions are fun. Cover up (or take off) the labels and re-label the jars with just A, B, C, etc. Don't forget to record what A, B, and C really are! Then have the guests taste the baby food and guess what flavors they are supposed to be. Some will be easy (like pears), while others are really tough (like macaroni and cheese, yuck).

Last spring my SIL had a baby. My gift to her also doubled as a centerpiece at both of her baby showers. I made her a diaper cake. Which looks like a multi tiered edible cake but made out of rolled up cloth or disposable diapers and decorated with receiving blankets, onesies, bibs, toys, pacifiers, baby bottles, etc.

Here's the link for the instructions I used.

http://entertai  a/diapercake.htm

To save money, I just tied the diapers that were under the blankets and onesies with dental floss instead of ribbon. The base of my cake was cardboard I had covered in foil.

I only spent about 25 dollars on the "ingredients" for my cake, and everyone loved it. Don't try to buy one premade over the internet, they are so expensive. A little time consuming to make, but the "wow" factor is so worth it, plus everything can be used by the new mom.

I'm going to make one for every shower I get invited to now. :) Have fun and good luck.

I had more fun than ever decorating for a mother to be shower. I went to the thrift stores and bought baby bottles and filled with gumballs in baby colors from sams club. I also purchesed single and pairs of used baby shoes and polished them and used for centerpiece. got pink , blue, mint green crepe parer for decorating also. cost about $20.00 total. light colored balloons also filled in empty spaces I hope this helps with cheap costs. you can really do a lot with so little $$ also picked up outfits or pjs for decor also. I wish i was there to help.!!!

Does your daughter have a theme for the nursery? If not a cute centerpiece is two jars or vases with a string between them with baby socks clipped with mini clothes pins.

These are all great ideas! Thank you so much for your help.

Everyone will LOVE this.....plus it's easy and you can make it ahead!!!

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL

Soften and mix together:

8 oz cream cheese

1 stick of butter (not margarine)

Blend into mixture:

&frac; C powdered sugar

2 T brown sugar

1 C miniature chocolate chips

Form mixture into a ball and chill for 2 hrs. Roll in crushed pecans or Oreos and serve with graham cracker sticks.