BUYERS BEWARE - Toyspree

"Toyspree.com" this site is definitely a quick get rich scam, there selling all of their inventory for 2 to 3 times there price.

My wife won one of there so called, sweepstakes, $500.00 of free merchandise off their site. after finding $500.00 worth of items the Shipping and Handling came to $250 + dollars. An item selling off of A.B.C. distributing sells for $9.95, same item at Toyspree.com sells for $29.95 + around 12.00 S & H. So, in my opinion, this store is out to get rich on unsuspecting people. So watch where you buy. Especially during the holidays. Compare prices first.

By Rob

I checked out this site and this post is right. There was a Make-A-Bear Kit for sale on ABC Distributing for 8.95 and one on Toyspree for $29.95 plus 10.50 shipping and handling. I'd definitely steer clear of these guys.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Where in the world are they shipping from, the moon?

I got one of those $500.00 Gift Certificates. I figured it was "too good to be true" especially when they particularly specify "You pay the shipping and handling fees." I will probably get on the site to just see what type of a rip off it really is. Thanks for the Heads Up!

Toyspree also has some interesting underhanded things with their website. They do not allow you to delete items from your list - or rather they do - but then when you check out your deleted items magically reappear. Also they do not list the shipping and handling charges on the page where you enter your credit card infomation.

thank u for the heads ups i got a 1000.00 shopping spree and found out that the toys are not worth my paying shipping and handling i have a teenager and the gift for that age is very shabby and limited i got my shopping spree from a car dealer ship for purchasing a new car it is a scam and again thanks o and once u check out that is it no more buying if u only got one item .

I received a mail add put out by crown motor co. tyler tx .this was a scratch off low and behold I won a $1000.00 toy shopping spree .what a joke toyspree.com

In responce to your post. I received a toyspree from a car dealer. What you guys are not realizing is they are giving us the money to spend. And the shipping is the only money coming out of our pockets. What I am saying is who cares that they are charging for the items its the shipping we have to pay. If ABC Distributing had the item for $8.95 you have to pay shipping to get it to you. if the same item on TOYSPREE.com is $29.95 and 10.50 for shipping the $29.95 is free and all you have to pay is $10.50! If ABC Distributing charges more than $1.55 in shipping THEN TOYSPREE.com is a better deal. YOU HAVE LESS MONEY COMING OUT OF YOUR POCKET!!!!!! TOYSPREE.COM IS A BETTER DEAL!

I just got one of these in the mail. Good thing I do my research and found this site. How can any reputable establishment, then again how reputable is a car dealership, use these as promotional items? This is in fact a scam and people should steer clear of these sales tactics. Remember, if it sounds to good be true, IT IS.

JF

this link is a scam

It happened to me. I would have kept my car for another year but I recieved an invitation from the car dealership where I purchased my car. It promised a $500.00 "shopping sprees" if I test drove and $ 1,000.00 if I bought a car. Well it worked and just sweetned the deal for me. Little did I know ToySpree.com is offering all junk marked up in price so bad I about fell over! The shipping charges on this junk is 100x's more then the stuff is worth! Oh yeah, their "electronics" is a choice I think between 3 remote control cars! I called the dealership and said shame on you for not protecting your customers! Anyway I am done with Chrylser for this. P.S. I kept asking the salesman what was the catch? He had nothing to reprt. My fault for not checking this out on the web and test driving a car on a whim. I should have waited that extra year as I had planned.

Ginger

I just recieved a mail from my local-dealership saying scratch off a ticket if your ticket matches bring it in to claim your prize. the choices were a 65'inch plasma screen tv, $500.00 toyshopping spree,xbox360. I took my winning ticket in they said just get a little information from you, I said ok well then the car salesman said well let's see what you won diffently it's the $500.00 toyshopping spree. I'm glad i read this site before i went shopping with them. Thanks FOR THE HEADS UP^^^

THIS IS A 100% ripoff

I received one of these deals as well from a dealership. I knew it was to good to be true. Now I really do wonder how good the dealership is if they can allow customers to get ripped off this way.

For those of you who have been given these by a dealership, call them and complain. Toyspree probably offers them to dealerships as a way of getting their name out there and the dealership probably doesn't know that it is a scam, they just think of it as a great way to offer a premium. Let them know!

Susan from ThriftyFun

When I was told that I had won a watch I said O.k. Let me have my watch and I'll be on my way(at a dealership). Well, they conveniently ran out of watches and low and behold. I won a $500 ToySpree Certificate. I told the salesman this is a ripoff and he looked at me like I was stupid. No, I said I've dealt with this crap before. It will cost you so much more. You are better off going to Wal-Mart. Stay away from this website it is a ripoff. I think dealerships need to support better gifts to get people into the dealerships.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceDecember 9, 2004
Guide
Stamp Collection
Selling a Stamp Collection
🎄