Tips for Maintaining a Cat Litter Box
Litter boxes can get smelly and dirty very quickly, especially if you have multiple cats. Here are a few tips to keep your litter box clean and smelling fresh:
- Use clumping cat litter do that you can thoroughly remove urine clumps.
- Clean your litter box once a day.
- Do a complete litter change at least once a month.
- When you do a litter change scrub out the litter box with a mild soap and water. Dry thoroughly before adding new litter.
- If odors persist, mix some baking soda into your cat litter. This will help absorb some odors.
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
I clean my box out weekly. If you have more than one cat, weekly cleaning is essential.
Add your voice to the conversation.