Replacing Canopy for a Swing/Glider

Does anyone know an easy inexpensive way to replace the canopy that goes over a swing? Mine fell apart from just normal sun/weather exposure. The frame and rest of the swing is fine. I don't really want to have to replace the whole thing (too expensive) if I don't have to. Help!

By Michelle

I wonder if you could use a vinyl table cloth or a shower curtain to somehow fashion a cover.

I used a vinyl table cloth. Does well.

Or, use a piece of canvas tarp.

Outdoor fabric is sold at a discount by fabric.com, not a plug. I don't even live in the US. I just did a search and a lot of it is priced at 8.98 a yard and it's 54 inches wide. If you talk with them about your project, you will find they are really helpful. And your swing would look so nice.

I actually found a small childs tent that was just the right size to replace mine, at a yard sale. Take the measurements and you may find just the thing to work for you.

Pat

We had one of these swings also. And the top rotted off by the end of that first summer. I used an old twin size sheet to just pin it over the top frame. You can pick up good sheets at a thrift store. Maybe you could find just the right thing there also. GG Vi

I bought an inexpensive large piece of oil cloth (heavy table cloth covering in what ever pattern or color you chose) slightly larger than the width of the frame. Since it does not fray etc., simply cut out to fit around the corners, fold the edges and ends over and either glue, sew or use velcro to attach to frame. I used a plain darker color that complimented my seat cushions for mine and it worked great and looked good!