Built-in Oven Reviews

I am looking for a good quality, long lasting built-in oven, 30" across. I have an old Jenn-Air now from the late 70's, that has served me well. I don't know what is a good one versus just mediocre or poor. Since I am having to have my kitchen cabinet changed to build in a new oven (the old one was 27" across) I want it to last a long time. Suggestions on brands or models?? Any help would be appreciated.

John from Miami, FL

I'd check Consumer Report's appliance records and recommendations. They've served us well for MANY

years, only letting us down once, which was unavoidable. Even the IRON they recommended, and washer, etc, all have lasted and lasted. They're

the BEST source I believe. I'd go with Whirlpool

ovens, if you cannot get to a library for the Consumer Report's for the last few years. If I could

afford it again, I'd get NO self-cleaning, but rather

the one that has a high temp, door-locking cleaning feature available.

I read the instruction manuals well. I have

had double ovens that got externally damaged, and now have a Whirlpool double-oven waiting to be installed.

With the grace of God we will both be blessed with good ovens. : )

I'd ask them what they do about smoke going up the wall and onto the ceiling. I can't figure out what to do.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews KitchenOctober 1, 2006
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Visiting the San Juan Capistrano Mission
Visiting San Juan Capistrano (CA)
Built-in Book Shelf
Repainting a Built-in Shelf
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
🎄