Ask About Your Library's Book Sale

Check out your local library Web site or ask to learn if they are having a book sale. Many libraries have them and sell donated books and other media for little or nothing. The second part of this tip is for parents to look for seasonal children's books at these sales, since these collections are usually depleted from the libraries around the time of the respective holiday.

By Britt from Boston, MA

At the library sales, don't forget to look for gently used CDs, too. The library where I live discards them for resale when they're not checked out often enough. It's a great source of classical music especially.

Not quite as thrifty as the library sales, but still a great deal is www.paperbackswap.com (I have no connection with the site except as a satisfied user). The advantage over library sales is that you can create a "wish list" of books you'd like to read and eventually acquire them for only the cost of postage plus one of your own unwanted books.

This is a great idea that I do regularly! For all of those crafters out there, you can usually get those special mags at a great price (I get them for a quarter!) If I go in the last hour on the last day, they often have all the books you can fit in a bag for a buck! That's just my library system, but it doesn't hurt to check it out! And don't forget to redonate!

I do that all the time I just brought the book black beauty for a quarter. When they have book or craft fairs I just love to go and look for things that I can not find elsewhere. Also at a great price. I also go to good will and the salvacation army store for my daughters videos she is autistic and loves video so I just get her them for about a buck or two and she loves them..

My husband and I designed and maintain Book Sale Finder, a website devoted to used book sales. The information is free. To find book sales in your area, please visit

www.BookSaleFinder.com

Happy book hunting!

Some some new sites out there www.booksalelist.com and www.booksalemanager.com

The first is kinda like booksalefinder. But you get to book mark sales which is kinda need.

The second is a bit different. You can search by zip! which is really nice if your out of town for a family visit and you don't know surrounding towns. You can also sign up for notifications and save sales to a cool little calender.

Both don't have a lot of sales but i talked to the owner of booksalemanager and she said that she was in the process of adding over 3000 sales in the next month! I cant wait to see whats in my area for the summer :)

Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale
Rows of books in a library
Using Your Public Library
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 8:30:29 AM on 10.0.1.51 in 991 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.