Flea and Tick Season

Spring is here and flea and tick season will soon be in full swing. I see many people writing in and asking what to do to avoid buying the medicine that the vet prescribes for keeping them away from their animals and subsequently, out of their homes. There is nothing that works better than what you get at your vet!

I know it's expensive, but when you weigh the cost of the medicine against buying or using something cheaper and having to hire an exterminator to come and rid your home of fleas, as well as having to possibly pay for sick animals because they have had fleas and ticks on them, it makes way more sense to just bite the bullet and buy the stuff from the vet that you know will work. We had to have an exterminator one year. They don't just come once, they have to come at least twice and it is VERY expensive!

Sometimes paying a little, or even a lot more for a good product will end up saving you a lot more money in the long-run. It will also save your pet's health.

By Robin from Washington, IA

What about 1-800-pet-meds or what ever it is called?

Thank you Robin, I back you 100% on this. My two indoor dogs are on Frontline all year and I purchase it at lambriarvet.com.

Since they are on preventative all year, there is no chance fleas can get into my house and onto my indoor kitties.

Northern Virginia

Unfortunately, those medicines can have bad effects on the animal, longterm or allergic reactions. Basic H by Shaklee has been used by breeders and ranchers for shampoo to rid of fleas and PREVENT THEM from returning, along with natural supplements. You can email me for more information at healthy_home101@hotmail.com or look up a distributor in your area!

Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas
Pets FleasMay 10, 2006
My Dog is Infested With Fleas
My Dog is Infested With Fleas
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
dog with fleas
Bio Spot Flea and Tick Reviews