Share & Vote

Can You Dry Clean Couch Cushions?

Do dry-cleaners clean couch pillows? There is not one particular stain I'm trying to remove, they are just old and dirty. I just want to make them sanitary and fresh.

By Sean

Here are the recent answer to this question.

You can call carpet cleaning places. Most also clean upholstery.

By Edna Raisor12/14/2010

I have taken off cushion covers and washed them in the washing machine in cold water. Depending on what your fabric is it cleans and freshens the cushions. I then let them air dry so they won't shrink.

By Vicki [24]12/14/2010

Here is what my BF, the former dry cleaner owner/operator says: Since some cushions have that polyester foam inside of them I would say no to dry cleaning. That stuff can dissolve in the petroleum based dry cleaning fluid. Even if the dry cleaner decided to clean them; it would be very expensive because of the amount of dry cleaning fluid the pillow would soak up, and the time it would take to extract the fluid after cleaning. I hope that helps.

By Joan [13]12/14/2010

If they are just dusty type of dirt, vacume them and then toss them in the dryer with a damp cloth and fabric softener sheet.