Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Can You Dry Clean Couch Cushions?

0EmailPrintFollowSave

Do dry-cleaners clean couch pillows? There is not one particular stain I'm trying to remove, they are just old and dirty. I just want to make them sanitary and fresh.

By Sean

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Joan 13 1,479 12/14/2010 Flag

If they are just dusty type of dirt, vacume them and then toss them in the dryer with a damp cloth and fabric softener sheet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vicki 24 428 12/14/2010 Flag

Here is what my BF, the former dry cleaner owner/operator says: Since some cushions have that polyester foam inside of them I would say no to dry cleaning. That stuff can dissolve in the petroleum based dry cleaning fluid. Even if the dry cleaner decided to clean them; it would be very expensive because of the amount of dry cleaning fluid the pillow would soak up, and the time it would take to extract the fluid after cleaning. I hope that helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Edna Raisor 35 12/14/2010 Flag

I have taken off cushion covers and washed them in the washing machine in cold water. Depending on what your fabric is it cleans and freshens the cushions. I then let them air dry so they won't shrink.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

12/15/2010 Flag

You can call carpet cleaning places. Most also clean upholstery.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes