Can You Dry Clean Couch Cushions?

Do dry-cleaners clean couch pillows? There is not one particular stain I'm trying to remove, they are just old and dirty. I just want to make them sanitary and fresh.

By Sean

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If they are just dusty type of dirt, vacume them and then toss them in the dryer with a damp cloth and fabric softener sheet.

Here is what my BF, the former dry cleaner owner/operator says: Since some cushions have that polyester foam inside of them I would say no to dry cleaning. That stuff can dissolve in the petroleum based dry cleaning fluid. Even if the dry cleaner decided to clean them; it would be very expensive because of the amount of dry cleaning fluid the pillow would soak up, and the time it would take to extract the fluid after cleaning. I hope that helps.

I have taken off cushion covers and washed them in the washing machine in cold water. Depending on what your fabric is it cleans and freshens the cushions. I then let them air dry so they won't shrink.

You can call carpet cleaning places. Most also clean upholstery.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureDecember 14, 2010
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Upholstered couch with soft cushions.
Making Couch Cushions Firmer
Couch Cushions Being Cleaning
Cleaning Cushions
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 8:08:17 AM on 10.0.0.240 in 649 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.