Washing Hood With Fox Fur

I have a coat with a hood that has Fox Fur edging it. The coat says wash in cold water on gentle cycle but remove hood with fur on it first. Then just wash coat on gentle cycle. It is made of 100% Polyester and 100% Nylon. What I want to know is how do I wash the hood with the real fox fur on the edges to get the hood clean. Help! and God Bless, Angelheart.

Kay from Clyde, TX

I have a coat that said the same thing. You do not wash the hood.

I took the fur off of mine to wash and had to sew back on. Never again. It was not hard to do but took alot of time.

Next time will just put in dryer on air only. If hood has dirty spots on it just spot clean.

Hope this helps.

Rosemary in Ohio

We in the north run into this with parkas. We actually remove the fur and then sew it back on after the cleaning.

If you don't the water or cleaning fluid dries out the skin of the fur and it cracks and is unsightly and useless for breaking the wind.

Spot clean with a solution of baby shampoo?

My daughter has the same kind of coat and the tag on her coat says to dry clean the hood.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingJanuary 2, 2008
Cleaning Mink Fur
Cleaning Mink Fur
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
Range Hood Filter
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter
🎄