ThriftyFun.com Reviews

Reviews and feedback about ThriftyFun.com

I just want to thank everyone for all the good tips and recipes that have been posted. They have been a life saver many times for me. And a special thanks to all the staff who do the newsletters.

By IMAQT1962

Just wanted to add my thanks too! This is a very helpful news letter.

I thinkThriftyFun.com is great! I enjoy all the good tips and I also enjoy helping others with problems when they ask for help. Thanks also to the staff for bringing it to us. Keep up the good work!

doouble ditto. i make sure i read my newsletter everyday. i quote from it alot also.

thank you

(sent in by email)

I would just like to thank you for this website. I look forward to the newsletters everyday. I tell people about the site all the time. I almost feel like the newsletter is part of my family. The tips and even the questions get me to thinking in ways that I hadn't before.

Again thanks,

Sandy Smith

Thriftyfun.com has been a real enjoyment for me since the day I stumbled onto it searching for a good clean website.It brightens a lot of lonely moments in my life.When your children are grown and gone most of the time you look for a way to connect with others and this web site has been all that and more.I hope readers don't get tired of all the tips and articles I submit. I have many life experiences I enjoy sharing with others,and though I'm certainly no expert at anything, I have always said that if someone could benefit from my experiences, as well as mistakes my life has not been lived in vain.Thanks to the great staff for Thriftyfun.

I like to say thanks too for I enjoy helping others and reading tips and other things . To know I can help someone makes me happy.

(Sent In By Email) I thought I was frugal before, but WHOA MOMMA!, I was just scratching the surface. Thanks to all my fellow ThriftyFun Members I am now saving a ton of money and making my own laundry detergent, dish detergent, all purpose cleaner, disinfectant, shower gel, liquid soap, abrasive cleaner and fabric refresher (febreeze). I have been making my own fabric softener for years. I'm going to try making shampoo soon, too.

My husband was very skeptical of the cleaning abilities of something I made at home, but has come around and likes and even prefers my homemade products. They work equal or better than anything I could buy in the store.

This website is terrific!

Terry Lynn

I've learned a lot too but I work 45 hrs. a week not counting driving time. Plus I have 3 dogs. So I don't have the time to make all the homemade stuff & the other time consuming things. But I have gotten a lot of tips about things. I really like this list.

Terry Lynn do you mind to share your thrifty tips with me? I have tried to make dishwashing soap, fabric softers without any luck and not much better with washing powder either. Can you email me at christal @ raid5.us (remove spaces) please? Thanks for your help. Cj

On another group I am on we have been discussing making our own cleaning products. We have washing powders down pat. But what are the recipes for the rest of those you have please. This is one of the recipes that was posted that everyone seems to like.

2 bars grated glycerine soap (like Octagon, about 4 c.) [I actually use 2

bars Ivory, grated. I've used Dr.

Bronner's, too.]

8 c. baking soda (That really is baking soda; not washing soda.)

6 c. borax (More than one, but less than two boxes.)

2 Tbsp. lemon oil (opt. - for scent only, or add some essential oil) [I've

never added this.]

Mix. To use, add 1/8 c. per load to washing machine.

hi, do you think that you can take a few minutes and share your thrifty tips and your recipes for making your home made products with me? i sure would appreciate it so much......please email me at wallacehill1 @ aol.com (remove spaces) ......i thank you so much. mary wallace

Christi thank you for your washing recipe. I will try this one, do you have a fabric softner idea as well. I have tried the final rinse of vinagar which does not work too well as I air dry my stuff and they come out stiff. Cj

Consumer AdviceOctober 14, 2005
ThriftyFun
Using ThriftyFun
A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Natural Cleaning Products
Thrifty Cleaning Ideas
🎄