Removing Dye The Bled Onto White Poly Cheerleaders Uniform

I washed a brand new black sweatsuit with my daughter's competition cheerleading uniform. The uniform is poly with black/red/royal blue with WHITE banding around the bottom of the skirt and banding on the top. The WHITE is now a dingy light blue. I washed on delicate/cold water, but the dye from the sweatsuit still deposited on the white areas. I have tried OxiClean, washed 3 times didn't work. PLEASE HELP! Her next competition is in 2 weeks. Thanks!

Debbie from Suwanee, GA

Hi, Debbie, never tried it myself, but I heard that white, regular (NOT gel) toothpaste will remove stains from white polyester. (You'd have to be really careful not to get any toothpaste on any of the color parts of the uniform and then be really careful when you're rinsing the toothpaste off because they say that the toothpaste has a bleaching effect.) But it might be worth a try. Good luck!

Bite the bullet and order a new uniform. It's not going to be like new again, no matter what you do..

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 21, 2007
Roly-Poly Dessert
Roly-Poly Dessert Recipes
Gifts for Cheerleaders
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink