Pooter (Weimaraner)

Pooter is a one and a half year old Weimaraner. My husband and I were walking through the French Quarter of New Orleans, one Christmas. We saw a man with a box full of weimaraner puppies. All girls and one boy. We took the boy. $100 for a pure breed is good, but they had no papers (not important to us).

We took him to the vet for a checkup. He told us all the "little issues" Pooter had. Inverted eyelashes (they fixed themselves?), a congenital spinal issue that does not allow him to run, sit or walk like most dogs (It doesn't matter to us.) The vet said that Pooter has no idea he has a problem, so it's not a problem. We loving refer to him as "special."

He likes to play with his giant stuffed lamb and chew on his kong. He does love to eat anything. He loves fresh veggies and fruit. The vet says to keep away from onions and chocolate, but I am sure he would eat that too. His favorite is avocado and red bell pepper. He loves bananas and green grapes.

He came into our life fore a reason. A few months after we got Pooter, our older Shepard, Baby, passed away from bone cancer. It devastated my husband, since he had helped Baby come into this world. Pooter will never fill that dog bed, but he is quite entertaining and loving. We are lucky to have him in our life.

By tallblondenurse from Troy, Montana

Hi there, Pooter is lovely, but I must warn you, I have been told that grapes are quite dangerous for dogs! My puppy loves all kinds of fruit too and would also eat just about everything, but for his own safety, we have to deny him some things!

Pooter is lovely!

What a beautiful boy Pooter is! And how very fortunate you both are to have each other! A new dog can never take the place of a beloved one who has gone to the Bridge, but they make a very special place all their own.

May you have many long and happy years together.

Pooter is beautiful and SO lucky that he landed with you and your husband who don't mind his "defects." He is a happy happy guy! But, as someone else said, grapes are very toxic to dogs so cut those out of his diet. Sounds like he likes plenty of other things to compensate! Thank you for taking such good care of this baby!

Love the name Pooter! He is beautiful, and I am so glad he has someone like you and your husband to love him for being special. I must add my warning to be careful of grapes. They are poisonous to dogs, and can cause liver damage.

Pooter is a great name. He is a handsome boy. My doggie loves carrots, green beans, apples and his favorite bananas. Grapes are not good for them. You can give him a few but not too many. There is a list of what is ok to feed them. Some things have toxins that do not agree with a dog.

Hello. What a beautiful dog, and I'm so glad he found his way into your lives. Others have mentioned that grapes are toxic to dogs. I would like to add that raisins (being dried grapes) are also toxic to dogs. It was quite a surprise when I read about that. We had had 2 dogs prior to our boxer before I learned about onions, grapes and raisins!

Weimaraner
Weimaraner - Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesOctober 6, 2009
🎄