Cleaning Enamel Drip Pans and Burnt-on Gunk

I have enamel drip pans or trays under my burners on my gas stove and occasionally normal cleaning methods don't remove all the burned-on gunk if I have been careless while cooking. Not even running them through the dishwasher gets rid of it so I rely on my burned-on gunk cleaner. Mix 2 teaspoons of vinegar with 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar in a small dish (double "recipe" if you have numerous items to de-gunk). Next, use a cotton ball to apply to affected areas (such as with Corning Ware casseroles or lids) ~ in the case of my drip pans, I just pour it on and tilt to spread.

Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes without touching or messing with it. Scrub with a scouring pad and then follow with a wash in hot, soapy water. Generally speaking, this cleaning formulation will soften, if not dissolve, the burnt-on gunk so it can be removed in one application. Repeat several times, if necessary, for extremely heavily soiled burner pans or casserole dishes. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried this in that I still had to scrub a bit, but my effort was handsomely rewarded with a clean and gunk-free burner pan.

By Ronsan from Southwest Missouri

Burner with clean drip pans.
Cleaning Your Burner's Drip Pans
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesApril 7, 2006
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎉
🎄