Job Hunting Journal

My husband has been searching for work, for the past few months. Each week, we search the classified ads in the local newspapers. To make things easier for him, after marking the possible job selections, I cut each out of the newspaper ad. I then tape each possible job ad, into a spiral notebook pad, allowing room to write all the necessary info in larger print. This will save precious time, when he's on the road trying to find each street address to apply at, for the ads that require him to apply in person. He can just glance at the bigger handwriting on the note, rather than having to squint and trying to read the small print of the classified newspaper ad, especially if he's still driving and looking for the address. By keeping this "journal", he's not having to keep up with stacks of newspaper ads, too.

By Terri from NV

When I have to look for a job, I use the internet to get the newspaper. That way I can "copy and paste" the ad into Microsoft Word and enlarge everthing, making adjustments and adding keynotes. I then punch holes and make my "notebook"I hate to type or write so copy/paste is my friend.

hope you have internet, it saves so very much time and gasoline. I even get access to the unemployment offices listings!

This is such a good idea. It's hard work finding a job, and you're making it easier for your husband. Good for you. And good luck to your husband - I hope he finds a job soon and that it's a job he likes.

I have done this for my husband too... only because he would "skim" the paper and not find anything. I would read through and find lots of jobs for him! Then he called one of the staffing agencies in our area about a job in the paper and they told him to come in. Its absolutly FREE!! He took an aptitude test to see what "level" of employment he was qualified for. Thye find the jobs.. you just show up to work. Now he is a full time employee at a job the agency found for him. The employer is the one who pays the agency to find them qualified people to work. Look in your local phone book! :)

Just a quick statistic to put things into perspective, only 15% of the available jobs in the marketplace are listed in the "Help Wanted' section of the paper. You need to network with friends, neighbors, relatives and store or business owners to seek out the other 85% of available jobs. Don't be afraid to ask for a job. You'll find folks are willing to help in all sorts of ways.

Looking the Classifieds for a Job
Finding a Job
Budget & Finance EmploymentApril 17, 2007
Homemade Journal Ideas
Homemade Journal Ideas
Christmas journal with cookies and cinnamon sticks
Keeping a Christmas Journal
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
Finding a First Job, Newspaper with Jobs as the heading
Finding a First Job