Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Blue Stain Around Sink Drain

I have a blue stain around my new sink in the bathroom upstairs, but I don't have it in my main floor bath. Any suggestions? I would be grateful. Please help. Thanks in advance.

By Brenda from Lac Baker, NB

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Blue Stain Around Sink Drain

I just redid my bathroom and the tub and sinks have slightly bluish stains by the drains. Is this from iron in my well water? Is there any product that would remove the stains without damaging the new tub and sinks?

LexieKG

RE: Blue Stain Around Sink Drain

Try CLR, you can get it at Walmart, Kmart, and most grocery stores. Use it full strength. It won't hurt the finish. It works on mine. The blue stains on mine are because my water's ph is too acidic. (10/04/2006)

By gouligann

RE: Blue Stain Around Sink Drain

Try white vinegar, let it sit for a little while and then scrub with a kitchen sponge with the scrubby on one side. (05/15/2008)

By kvhsun

RE: Blue Stain Around Sink Drain

Harpick bleach crystals with baking soda works. (01/22/2009)

By AMA