Preparing Vegetable Garden for Next Season

My vegetable garden is done for the season. How do I treat the soil over the winter to prepare for next year. We had lots of rain in June and the garden was not so good this year. My tomotaos were very bad.

By dahs75 from West Islip, NY

You can plant all kind of greens, lettuce, onions,garlic & English (garden peas) in the fall. Sept is a good time to plant greens, plant English peas in cold weather. In Dec, call your County Extension office,ask for info on gardening. It's free & search online for your question, good luck.

I opened a small store and 2 doors down were 2 plants. They needed to be save because no one was watering them. What would be good to give them a healthy treat to bring them back. They look good but just droopy.

Improving Garden Soil
Improving Garden Soil
Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesSeptember 13, 2009
Cold frame and glass cloches for plant protection.
Preparing Your Garden for Winter
Figs preserved in a jar.
Canning Figs
Watering plants in a vegetable garden.
Troubleshooting Your Vegetable Garden
Heirloom Tomato Varieties
Growing Heirloom Vegetables