Browsing: Saving Money on Prom Dresses

Saving Money on Prom Dresses

Tips for saving money on prom dresses. Post your ideas!

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I recently found formal gowns on sale at Hechts for as low as $11.00, yes $11! They are beautiful and if you have an event coming or even a prom next year, you should check it out. These gowns had been in the $240 range, so now they are an absolute steal!

Samantha in NC

WOW !!! THAT WAS A GREAT DEAL !!! I THOUGHT I DID GOOD, ON JULY 30 I BOUGHT A $150.00 PINK PROM GOWN FOR $12.72 INCLUDING TAX. I WAS SO EXCITED ! AND SO WAS MY DAUGHTER, THAT IS GOING TO HER JR. PROM IN NOVEMBER. I BOUGHT THAT AT JC PENNEY'S !! AMY FROM NEW YORK

Check your Salvation Army Store or other Second Hand stores. Also some Wedding Apparel Stores have great clearance racks

Also check Filene's Basement which has fantastic deals on prom and wedding and event dresses. I got my wedding dress the day before I got married there for 39.99 and it was better than the one I picked out in a magazine for $650.

Check online- they have lots of sites devoted to finding prom dresses.

I would stick to a dress that is simple and play it up with accesories. Fancy gowns with intricate beading are a fortune.

Thrift stores forever have prom dresses. Since you're buying them that cheap, you can afford to have them altared to fit you just right.

I am currently building a website to bring you the opportunity for girls to buy, sell and/or trade formal dresses. The site will be up and running shortly. In the meantime check it out at www.promdresspost.com and subscribe your email with us. Once the site is open, I will send you an email!

so i got asked to prom as a freshman in highschool and i didnt know what to do dress wise and i didnt want to spend the "big bucks", so i borrowed of my friends sisters. they were open to letting me borrow it and all i had to do was get my nails done

another suggestion is to go to a local consinment shop or even a goodwill/salvation army. i thought about it and what happens to the dresses after girls wear them to prom and cant get any money for them? some of the dresses we reallynice too, save you money getting them tailored and making your hair/nails especially pretty:]

Three girls wearing prom dresses.
Saving Money on Prom Dresses
Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Couple Going to Prom
Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:29:08 AM on 10.0.2.28 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.