Browsing: Organizing Your Home

Keep a Calendar in the Kitchen

I have a calendar in my kitchen and absolutely everything I need to remember has to be written on there! I check it every day just to make sure that I don't miss anything. Calendars can be very expensive, but you can find them in your Dollar Store or Wal-Mart very inexpensively. Many pharmacies, banks, businesses, etc give them away free too!

By Robin

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I agree, ours is the control center for our home!

We prefer to pay out $2.00 and get the desk-pad type calendar with real big squares for each day. I have long strip magnets I glue to the back and hang it on the fridge. Every Jan I pull the magnets off & reglue them to the new calendar. [We are fortunate that it fits on the freezer door, but if it didn't, I'd just hang it on the wall over the trash can]. I use the smallest size Post-it notes [blue for my husbands notes & yellow for mine] to keep up with recurring activities. I write it [the reminder] on the corner of the sticky end and tear it into a very small piece with just enough of the non- sticky part to grab with my fingers when it's time to move it to the next week or next month. [stuff like "library books due" /"haircuts"/ "ccc meeting"/"record truck mileage" on first of each month/"pay so & so"/"deworm dog"/"change heater/ac filter"etc .....this frees up a lot of space to record the days important events that happened. At the end of the month I highlight in yellow hi-liter the important things I want to record, & this helps me quickly go back & find some date & info I'm looking for. At the end of the year I go thru each month & record all the hi-lighted things in a yearly-recap section of my household notebook. Close by the calendar, we have a small box with a magnet glued to the back that holds a multi-color pen, & has a couple of clothespins we use to clip doctor appt cards to the top edge of the box.

WE keep a calendar on wall by telephone, write all things important down ;appointments. when furnace cleaned,and price, birthdays, info on newborns, purchase on big item& price,even amount of snow,ice, house taxes, licenses.Have been doing this since 1999, keep in copy paper box. Wish had done it much earlier, Have had to go check out things had forgotten date of, surgery etc. think someday grand kids will enjoy finding out about what was. even write when painting, wallpapering with a small piece of wallpaper.

Photo of organized kitchen cabinets.
Organizing Your Home
Organizing KitchenDecember 4, 2004
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Circling Calendar Date in Red
Using A Calendar
Desk Calendar
Making A Desk Calendar
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 30, 2016 at 12:08:55 AM on 10.0.1.37 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.