Hair Dye on Clothing

Does anyone know how to remove hair dye stain from clothing? I recently was coloring my hair in the bathroom and the clothes were hanging in there to dry. I have recently had shoulder surgery and can only reach with one hand, so it was quite awkward and foolish of me to do it myself. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Thanks
Wyla from Houston, Texas

Unfortunately, I think the items that are already stained are hopeless- I have never been able to get hair dye stains out of fabric. But here's what I do- I have an old tee shirt and towel that I don't care about staining that I have designated and set aside for this purpose. And be sure that other items are clear of the area you are working in- hanging clothes, good towels, toilet seat covers, curtains, etc.

Ive had similar things happen and most of the time,if its perminant, I can't get the stain out.

But sometimes if its the semi-perminant dye. I have luck with using hand cleaner that men use in garages. I just use it like stain stick and it sometimes works. Good luck!

Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsOctober 29, 2006
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎄