Joy Dish Soap for Dogs

I got Joy dish soap as I've seen on other web sites I'm seeing some folks saying Dawn is what you can use to bathe your dogs. Is Joy (lemon) OK to wash the dogs and kill fleas? So much out there about fleas and how to get rid of them. I'm sick of spending money on Frontline, etc. and it doesn't even work. The vet said your animal can get used to the products and they don't work any longer. So How bout the JOY?

Thanks,
Be Blessed.
Peachee from Byron, GA

Joy should be fine, my vet told me that just about any dish liquid is good for dogs and kills fleas on contact, she recommended palmolive but I prefer Dawn myself.

I have used joy in the past on my dogs and it killed the fleas instantly.

Get Frontline or Revolution from your vet and give your dog monthly treatments. It will keep the ticks and fleas off the animal. It is a bit expensive but cheaper than having to put up with the fleas and constantly treating your home.

Honey, there something definetly wrong if Frontline is not working...seriously...are you sure you have the right size for the weight of your dog?!??!

I have never known this product to not work.

My vet said to mix the lemon Joy with baby shampoo. One part Joy to two parts baby shampoo. I tried this when my dogs got fleas a couple years ago and it worked like a charm. The baby shampoo cuts the harshness to their skin and doesn't dry it out like the plain Joy dishwashing liquid would do.

When we lived in Florida where fleas are huge problem the vet said any shampoo or detergent would work but to make it sudsy and keep working it for at least 10 minutes. Worked!

I have used Front line on my dogs for several years, with great results. This year the frontline didn't work on one of the dogs, vet said she had built up an immunity to frontline. Told me to use Dawn or Joy, will be trying that this weekend.

ADVANTIX! I too barely got any results with frontiline....WHen my vet suggested Advantix, I was skeptical. BUT...I tried it and it works so much better. It also protects from mosquitos and Frontline DOES NOT... Mosquitos carry diseases for dogs not to mention are pesky and itchy.

Do make sure you get the right weight size. If your weight is borderline, go up....

The reason Frontline and Advantix did not work was my dog's COAT TYPE! too fluffy, hard for the film to widen under it to reach all the fleas. So now with lots of vacuuming (daily), and with six months of Program, she's okay again. Consider how much underfluff is under your dog's outer coat!

I think a distinction should be made here. Joy or Dawn will kill fleas that are already on the dog, but will not stop new fleas from getting on your dog or kill the new ones that get on your pet. You must rewash the dog to kill those.

A once-a-month treatment will kill the fleas on the dog and continue to work for about a month; they must be used regularly to be the most effective. They do not stop new fleas from getting on pets either, just kill the ones that bite the pet. To keep fleas from getting on pets, you must treat the environment the pet goes into. Some of these treatments work better than others for specific breeds of pets--animals are a lot like people, nothing works for everyone. And pets build up a tolerance to them, so one might quit working and you'll have to change to another. Fleas are a pain, but once you find something that works for your pet, it is magic.

We also started using Dawn for our little one..but did notice that her skin was getting dry so now we also spray her with Avon skin so soft an lightly rub it into her skin. does not take much. this is also good to keep the knats an mosquitoes off her.

My cat just had kittens they are three and half weeks old and they have fleas so what can you use for a kitten to kill the flea? Someone please help me fleas are the most nasty biting creaters you could have in your house and on your pets. Hate the summer and the bugs that the summer brings alone with its warm weather!

Front Line has not worked for my dogs this year either. I have used this for about 3 years and it has always worked except for this year. I will not buy it any more.

So disgusted with Frontline! Did not work at all this year. Three dogs and two cats are constantly scratching and whinning. One dog sleeps in the bed with us and scratches and shakes the bed all night. I called Frontline who notes on the box "Satisfaction Guaranteed." All I got was a lesson in the life cycle of the flea. Having dogs and cats through the years, I am well versed in the "life cycle of the flea." No reimbursement offers, just questions like it is my and my dogs' fault. I treated the backyard in May. No help. I spent over $300. this season for flea prevention/control with absolutely no results! I'll never buy Frontline again! Vet suggested Joy Lemon; going to try that today with baby shampoo.

Pets Dogs GroomingJuly 15, 2007
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
bowl of shredded coconut
Making Almond Joy Bars
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄