Brown Bridesmaid's Dresses for March Wedding

Can you use brown as a bridesmaid dress in March? My wedding was originally planned for October has moved to March. I liked my colors so much, I kinda wanted to keep them. So the idea was to use a brown dress with a turquoise sash, but that doesn't seem very springy. I need advice!

Emily from Nashville, TN

What if you reversed the colors? Maybe a turquoise print in a sheer fabric with a brown satin ribbon?

It's your day. You can do whatever you want! Good luck

It depends on the brown -I think - if you go too dark it would not work, but a bit warmer lighter brown with a soft turquoise (not too jewel tone - more soft spring turquoise) would be nice I think! Fresh - reminds me of a lot of the trendy fabrics that are out now.

I agree with wvrdnkwmn. It's your day. Do it if you want to. I think it sounds fine but then my tendency is to go with what I want rather than what somebody else might think.

Maybe you should consider making the sashes out of spring colors, such as pink, light blue, yellow, etc.

My daughter just got married in Oct., her colors were brown, turquoise and dusty rose. It was really pretty. Use one more color as an accent color like dusty rose or light pink.

Thank you guys so much you had some great ideas! This helps so much.

I think brown and pink look very nice together.

I wouldn't even use a sash. go with a bouquet of pink spring flowers with a silk brown ribbon to match dress in the flowers. Maybe find "pink pearls" as a accessory and a bridal gift. These could me made just for your wedding party. Brown and pink are great colors. Go with what YOU want. It's your wedding and no one in a year will remember anyway. So you be Happy!

My cousin in Houston wedding was pink and brown, it was beautiful. It's yours and groom's wedding.Congratulations!

How about if they wear circlets of flowers in their hair?

My daughter is planning a Feb. wedding, with the dress colors chocolate with a baby blue ribbon as the raised waistband.

I think it would be nice to have something untraditional. When you get to be my age, weddings can be boring as they all seem alike. rofl. I think the colors you've described will be wonderful. Do your own thing and don't worry about anyone else. You have a great idea. I'd stick with it.

I am currently a maid-of-honor in whats suppose to be a late spring, early summer wedding this upcoming year. The bride is very much liking the brown and blue idea. I think it is going to be beautiful, we are accenting alot more of the blues than browns but I see no reason why you should think that you need to change your colors. Besides traditional ideas are not commonly used these days.

I wore brown as a bridesmaid last July for a wedding. Like everyone has said above, it was a beautiful color scheme! I'd even go one step further- I think brown is the in color this new bridal season -- I'm seeing lots of chocolate brown with pastel highlights. Have a great (brown) day!

I think brown with turquoise sounds really nice. Just remember you don't have to stick to tradition. It is your big day and if that is what you like go for it. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

One of my girlfriends just did the colour scheme and it looked incredible. I was also just in one with chocolate brown dresses, floor length, with ivory sash, those were great too. Also have several dresses if your needing any.

All the best.

I'm having my wedding March 28 and that's the color I'm going to use. (attached is a picture of my bridesmaid dresses but it's not pink it's Brown) I did decide to change the belt to a light pink to give it that spring look! Blue also looks beautiful!

Ps. As long as you are happy, who cares what others think, you're the one who has to look at the pictures for the rest of your life! :)

I think it is fine, just use bright bouquets of flowers, maybe even some in their hair? It is your day and there is nothing that dictates you have to use certain colors for certain months.

Here in SD, I don't consider March to be that much of a spring month, no matter what the calendar says. But from evertything I have seen and read, brown with blues, or pinks are really in right now.

Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Weddings DressesNovember 19, 2008
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Hosting a March Madness Party, Basketball Going Through Hoop
Hosting a March Madness Party
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
🎉
🎄