Metal Binder Clips for Closing Bags

I have become so frustrated by chip clips. Or whatever other name they go by. Every time I'd use one, it would either break (cheap plastic) or it would pop off the bag that it's supposed to be clipping shut. They are also big and bulky, well at least for people who live in close quarters. Finally I found a solution that works ALL the time.

If you have any of the metal binder clips, use those. They will not pop off, they will grip tighter than any plastic device ever will, and if you fold the corners of your bags over before you roll the top down for closure, it gives a nearly air tight "seal". Also, they are cheaper than chip clips, take up much less space and can always be used as office supplies.

By Amy from CO

I have been griping about chip clippers for ages. I finally started using clip clothespins for mine, I also use them for opened cereal bags and in my closet for hanging slacks and skirts.

For some reason the website I tried to include did not come through. I'll instead just add a picture here. It is a picture from the Staples store website.

I have been using these for years instead of the chip clips. Let me tell you, she is right, they work great!

I use clothespins.

I use a binder clip on the end of my toothpaste tube. It holds tightly to the end no matter how large I roll the tube up.

I love the clips from Pampered Chef!

1

While reading this tip, I found another use for the binder clips. The sides of our refrigerator door shelves are not wide and there are large gaps at the bottom. In other words, small bottles or containers will fall through. I used Styrofoam meat trays that I washed and bleached, cut them to fit so the sides are extended to the bottom of the shelf. I used the binder clips to secure the Styrofoam to the sides. Works perfectly.

I just go to my local dollar store and but a package of plastic, colorful clothes pins!

Uses For Binder Clips
Uses For Binder Clips
Food and Recipes Food Tips SnacksAugust 25, 2008
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Self-Closing Gate With Springs
Installing a Self-Closing Gate
Binder Clip Yarn Bowl
Making a Binder Clip Yarn Bowl
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎄