Spooky Eyes Luminaries
Spaghetti jars get a Halloween makeover! Use either glow sticks or battery-operated votive candle for a safe, easy luminary this year. Super-easy; let the kids do this craft for your window ledge or porch, set along the path to the treats.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- hole puncher
- black construction paper
- black acrylic craft paint
- white glue
- paint brush
- spaghetti jars
- glow sticks or batter-operated votives
- disposable plastic container
- Thin white glue with a bit of water in disposable plastic container
- Tear black construction paper into rectangle approximately 2 inches in length and 1 inch wide
- Punch two holes in each paper rectangle for eyes
- Use paint brush to decoupage these onto the clean spaghetti jar until completely covered; let dry
- Use black paint to dot the eyes, making them look in different directions
- Place glowsticks or battery-operated votive candle into jar and place luminaries out for the trick-or-treaters!
By Brianna from Dutch Harbor, AK
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide