Cat Cave Using Mini-blind Slats

I have one of those cat beds that is just the bottom with short sides around. I've been trying to come up with a way of making a cover for it because my cat likes the "cave" feel. I finally figured it out! I'm going to use old mini-blind slats to stabilize it, then I'll cover it with foam rubber. After that I'll cover the whole section with fabric and attach it to the sides of the bed. And to create an even better "cave" feel, I'll hang a loose "curtain" of the same fabric down the front to within about 4-6 inches of the bed - just long enough to give him the "cave" feeling he likes, but not so far down that he can't see out, which he also wants to do so he can keep an eye on his dog buddies.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Unless they're the old metal type mini-blind slats I don't think it would hold up very well.

Grey cat peeking out from a leopard print cat bed.
Saving Money on Cat Beds
Pets CatsJanuary 31, 2011
Bottle Propagator
Mini Greenhouses Using Recycled Materials
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Kentucky Frugal Travel Guide and Photos