These edible Oreo cookie turkeys make a fun Thanksgiving craft idea for kids. You can even use them as place cards at the table for Thanksgiving dinner. Just write each guest's name in gel icing on the plate under his or her Oreo turkey.
Yeilds: 2 Oreo turkeys
- 4 Oreo cookies (Double Stuff works best)
- 2 miniature peanut butter cups
- 8-10 pieces candy corn
- white gel icing
- Take two Oreos apart. Place on a plate. These will be the foundation.
- Stick the other two Oreos into the icing of the Oreos on the plate, standing up on their sides. Make sure to leave room for the turkey's head.
- Place a mini peanut butter cup on its side in front of the standing Oreo for the turkey's head. You can secure it to the standing Oreo with some icing.
- Insert candy corn pieces, pointy side down, into the filling of the standing Oreo for the feathers.
- Use gel icing to make eyes.
- Break a piece of candy corn in half and use gel icing to glue the pointy part on under the eyes for the turkey's beak.
Source: Cooking for kids
By Jodi from Aurora, CO
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 30, 2016 at 3:09:01 AM on 10.0.0.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us