Cleaning Well Water Stains from Tub

Where can you buy The Works or Barkeepers Friend? I am looking for something to clean my tub; I have well water.

Darlene

At any grocery store Walmart or maybe a hardware store.

Hi Sweets,

Make a paste of baking soda and white vinegar and spread it on the marks and let sit for a few hours. The marks should come of easily. I use this for the water stains in my toilet from the well. I've also used tablets for cleaning dentures, this works great because it softens everything up as does the baking soda and vinegar. Let us know how it worked for you.

Bar keepers friend is available at Canadian Tire in the automotive department or ceramic tiles stores sell it also.

Best Wishes

Marie

Try Borax as well, it's a natural substance, you can buy it the laundry detergent section of some stores. Let it sit wet on the stains for a few minutes if the stains are really bad. It not harmful to the septic system.

I also have well water and fight stains all the time! For my toilets, I use the works toilet bowl cleaner and it is wonderful! You can find it at Wal-mart or even a dollar tree store. It is a common item (here anyway). But use caution because it is pretty potent! Now I also purchased the tub and shower cleaner made by them and it was lousy! Nothing like the toilet bowl cleaner. So, I found that comet works well with one of those little green scrubbers (they look kind of like a filter). I wet my tub or shower sprinkle the comet, spread it around with the scrubber and let it sit for about 15 minutes then rinse, works fabulous! Good luck!

Here on Long Island, I sometimes see Barkeeper's Friend in the supermarkets. Also try Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace or regular hardware stores. If you must send for it (more costly), it's available directly from BarkeepersFriend.com. It's also available from Amazon.com, and VermontCountryStore.com.

The works are pretty much all over as well as the Barkeeper product. Check Farm and Home supply stores. I know both are at ours here.

Try Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, in the blue/white bottle with the duck like neck. It removes tough stains, like rust and minerals.

This really works!

I bought The Works at WalMart for a little over a dollar. Also bought some at Dollar Tree. I've tried all kinds of "stuff" and nothing works for me like The Works. Great stuff.

Anonymous

I bought the works at Menards and it didn't work and I have used it several times.

You can get the Barkeepers Friend at Walmart in the cleaning section

Walmart sells